Tweet the Revolution
Hollaback! Detroit is seeking a volunteer to help run our social media accounts, with a time commitment of approximately five hours per week. You will:
- Tweet About Street Harassment – Create original and retweet relevant tweets related to street harassment, biased language, and gendered violence. At least 10-15 tweets required a week; can be scheduled.
- Hollaback! Detroit Announcements – Keep followers updated on events, campaigns, and actions of the Hollaback! Detroit site.
- Make Connections – Connect with partners and other users invested in the revolution. Engage in conversations via Twitter through the use of hashtags.
- Build a Following – Use creative tweets and connections to build a strong base of followers.
Hollaback! Detroit is seeking a volunteer to help grow our volunteer base, with a time commitment of 5-10 hours per week. You will:
- Recruit – Find and recruit badass volunteers to assist in growing our movement.
- Train – Make sure volunteers understand the mission and vision of Hollaback! Gather their input on the future of our movement.
- Build and Maintain Relationships – Connect with volunteers on a personal level. Find out their interests. Assist the Epic Event Planner in planning small get-togethers to connect the team.
Epic Event Planner
Hollaback! Detroit is seeking a volunteer to plan community events and fundraisers. As the Event Planner, you will:
- Find Venues – Scout, book, and build relationships with local venues to hold current or future events.
- Plan Community Events – Plan one or two large-scale community events per year to raise awareness and funding for Hollaback! Detroit.
- Plan Team Outings – Assist the Badass Recruitment Director in planning small get togethers for Hollaback! Detroit team members, such as happy hours or potlucks.
Hollaback! Detroit is looking for volunteer guest bloggers to provide content for our website and social media pages. You can submit:
- Traditional Written Blogs – Quick and simple blog post related to street harassment, identity, intersectionality, rape culture, gendered violence, or the like.
- Vlogs – Video of you or others discussing relevant topics, PSAs, or other creative videos.
- Images – Memes or photographs related to Hollaback! Detroit’s mission and campaigns.
- Art – Poems, visual art, or the like connected to ending street harassment.
Interested in joining the Hollaback! Detroit team but don’t see a job that interest you? Have other skills or connections that we could use but haven’t thought of yet? Please email us at [email protected] or fill out this form.